To Create a Seed File
- Open any DGN or DWG file. It is recommended that you open a copy of an existing seed file. Generic seed files are installed in MicroStation program directory's ..\Default\Seed\ folder.
From the File tab, choose Save As.
The Save As dialog opens.
- In the File name field, type the name for the new seed file.
- Click the Save button.
- (Optional) Place elements that you want to include in all designs that will be created using the new seed file. Most seed files do not contain any graphical elements. Seed sheet files typically contain a drawing border.
- Adjust the settings to be appropriate for starting a design.
Arrange the view configuration to be appropriate for starting a drawing.
- From the File tab, select Save Settings to save the settings and view configuration in the file.
- Close the file.