Using Multiple Cell Libraries
If you key in ACTIVE CELL <cellname> or AC=<cellname>, if the cell is not a shared cell in the design or in the attached cell library, or if there is no attached cell library, MicroStation searches for the cell in the cell library list specified by the Cell Library List configuration variable (MS_CELLLIST).
Cell libraries are searched in their order in the list. If wildcard characters are used, cell libraries are searched in alphabetical order. For example, if MS_CELLLIST expands to:
MicroStation searches for a cell as follows:
- In the attached cell library.
- In C:\ProgramData\Bentley\MicroStation\Configuration\WorkSpaces\WorkSpace1\WorkSets\WokSet1\Cell\master.cel.
- In C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition\MicroStation\Default\Cell\peter.cel.
- In C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition\MicroStation\Default\Cell\pipe2.cel.
- In C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition\MicroStation\Default\Cell\house.cel
- In C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition\MicroStation\Default\Cell\projcel.cel.
Tip: All files in the specified directory with the ".cel" extension are listed in the File menu in the Cell Library dialog. Any cell in any listed cell library can be placed by keying in AC=<cell_name>, regardless of whether its cell library is attached.