Drawing Seeds in DGN Libraries
The drawing seed is a template that is used to automate dynamic views in a project. A CAD administrator can deliver a list of drawing seeds in a DGNLib, one for each combination of discipline and purpose.
CAD administrators can follow this workflow to customize the drawing seed files:
- Copy DrawingSeed.dgnlib to your Configuration's DGNlib folder and rename it. Make sure the path of your Configuration folder is set in the MS_DGNLIBLIST_DRAWINGSEEDS configuration variable. The drawing seeds pointed by this configuration variable are harvested.
- Customize the copied .dgnlib. Create customized drawing seeds. However, do not rename the existing models.
- Create sheet seed models in the customized .dgnlib and create drawing boundaries within the sheet models using the Place Drawing Boundary tool.
- Restart the MicroStation session. The styles in your customized drawing seed will now appear in the Drawing Seed drop-down of the callout placement tools.
- To avoid the saved views from the seed files to be displayed in the Saved Views dialog of your DGN files, set the MS_SAVEDVIEW_EXCLUDELIBS configuration variable to point to the seed files containing the saved views.
A saved view created in a DGNLib file is treated as a valid drawing seed saved view, if:
- it is created in a DGNLib file that is pointed by the MS_DGNLIBLIST configuration variable.
- it has a link pointing to a valid reference in a drawing model or a valid drawing boundary in a sheet model or both. The model(s) should be in the same file.
- each drawing model and sheet model in the DGNLib contains reference attachment to only one drawing seed saved view.
- it has a detailing symbol style.