To Create a Sheet Composition
The following general procedure assumes:
- a sheet seed model exists for the paper size you are using.
- the sheet seed model contains the sheet's boundary and border graphics.
- Create a sheet composition model (for example, Plan Sheet 1) from the appropriate sheet seed model. Select the desired Annotation Scale in the Create Model dialog.
Do one of the following:
Place a saved view on to the sheet from the Explorer dialog.
Place a saved view on to the sheet from the Saved Views dialog ( dialog launcher).
Place a saved view on to the sheet from its corresponding callout — for example, the section callout in the case of a section view.
The Reference Attachment Properties dialog opens.
- (Optional) Set the Detail Scale. For example, if the sheet's Annotation Scale is 1/8"=1' and you are placing a detail view of scale 1/4"=1', select that Detail Scale. The Scale (Master:Ref) will automatically update to 2:1.
- (Optional) To synchronize the display of the reference on the sheet with the saved view, set Synchronize View to All Settings.
- (Optional) To ensure that annotations in the reference will be sized uniformly — that is, by applying the active sheet's annotation scale, set Use Active Annotation Scale in the Toggles section. This option does not actually modify the annotations; it simply affects their display.
- (Optional) To create a drawing boundary, which describes the view on the sheet, select New in the Drawing Boundaries drop-down list and type a name for the drawing boundary.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 2–7 for each additional saved view you want to place on the sheet.