To Link or Embed Another Application's Document by Pasting the Document by Its Size
- In the source application, select the part of the document to link and then copy it.
- Open the Paste Special dialog ( split button).
In the Data Type list box, select one of the following:
— Linked <object type>
— Embedded <object type>
In this example, "Linked Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet" appears. This item changes dynamically depending on the source application from which you are pasting.
The Paste OLE Object dialog opens with the selected data type in the Object field and either Linked or Embedded in the Paste As field.
- From the Method option menu, choose By Size.
- (Optional) If you want the pasted object to appear as an icon in the DGN file, turn on Display as icon.
- (Optional) If you want the pasted object to have a transparent background, turn on Transparent Background.
- (Optional) If you want the pasted object to rotate when the view rotates, turn on Rotate With View.
- In the Scale field, key in the scale of the object to be pasted.
- Click a data point to define the location of the object to be pasted.