Managing Exception Logs via the ManageExceptionLogs.vbs Script
The script ManageExceptionLogs.vbs is written in Visual Basic Script so it can be easily customized to be site specific. ManageExceptionLogs.vbs performs the following steps:
- Deletes "$(MS_TMP)ExceptionHistory-20" (or whatever "g_maxLogsToKeep" is set in the script).
- Shifts any existing subdirectories to the next higher value. For example:
- Creates $(MS_TMP)ExceptionHistory-1\.
- Moves the most recently created Exception.log and MiniDump.dmp into $(MS_TMP)ExceptionHistory-1\.
- Optionally, sends e-mail to the CAD manager with the name of the computer where the exception occurred. This can be particularly useful for initial deployment of pre-release editions of MicroStation. The script variables "g_emailHostName", "g_emailCADAdministrator", and "g_emailUserDomain" must be populated with company or site specific values.
- Implements or invokes any other user specific processing near the end of the "Sub Main" routine of the script.
This indicates that wscript should run manageExceptionLogs.vbs in a hidden window.