To Create a Surface by Extrusion
Surface by Extrusion tool (
To create a parametric surface, turn on
Note: Creating a parametric surface is the ideal thing to do, as it will let you edit it easily without needing to be manually rebuilt. A non parametric extruded surface inherits the attributes of a Slab Surface.
- (Optional) In the Distance field, type the required value or use Variable link to set it from the available variables in the Variables dialog.
- (Optional) In the Thickness setting set the desired value. (Parametric has to be turned on to enable Thickness)
- Set the other required settings.
- Enter a data point on the target profile element to define the start point.
- Move the cursor to define the distance (if Distance is turned off) and direction of the extrusion.
- Enter the second data point to accept the extrusion.