To Create a Solid by Extrusion
Select the Solid by Extrusion tool (
To create a parametric solid, turn on Parametric.
Note: Creating a parametric solid is the ideal thing to do, as it will let you edit it easily without needing to be manually rebuilt. A non parametric extruded solid inherits the attributes of a Slab Solid.
- (Optional) In the Distance, Thickness (Type must be set other than None in the option menu), and Spin Angle field, type the required values or use Variable link to set them from the available variables in the Variables dialog.
- Set the other required settings.
- Select the target profile element.
- Move the pointer to adjust the extrusion dimensions and direction.
- Enter a data point to accept the extrusion.