Redirecting the Package Cache
A package cache is a location where installation files of a software are stored. These files are needed when you want to uninstall or repair a software. If you have limitations to disk space on C:\ drive, you can get extraction errors. In such case, you can redirect the package cache to another local drive on your computer and save space on C:\.
- Redirecting the package cache location requires administrative privileges. Installer will use this location for extraction and download of all packages.
- Redirecting to external hard disks, pen drives, or network paths is not supported.
- Once you define the location, overwriting it is not recommended.
Bentley View with the command line
The Bentley View installer opens with a link Change Cache Location at the bottom.
- Click the Change Cache Location link.
- In the Package Cache Location page that opens, click the Browse button next to the Package Cache Location field.
- Navigate to the location where you want to redirect the package cache and click OK.
- Click Save.