To Edit the Selected Printer Driver Configuration File
The default .pltcfg files are now delivered under the \Program Files\ tree and will be read-only for most users. It is recommended that you not modify any of the program files, regardless of access rights. Instead, we prefer that you open one of the delivered .pltcfg files and save into the ..\Configuration\Organization\Pltcfg folder that is already in the search path.
- Select The Print dialog opens. .
- Under Printer and Paper Size, select the Select Printer Driver Configuration File icon. The Select Printer Driver Configuration File dialog opens.
- Select the printer driver file and click Open.
- From the Print dialog's File menu, select Edit Printer Driver Configuration. The Printer Driver Configuration dialog opens.
Change the printer driver file's properties as needed using the various tabs. Be sure to type in a new display label for the printer driver on the General tab.
Note: The Print dialog enumerates all .pltcfg files in all folders defined in the search path and identifies them by display label. Giving the new printer driver configuration file a new display label allows users to easily distinguish between printer drivers. If two printer driver configuration files have the same display label, they cannot be easily distinguished (except by a numeric suffix).
The Save Printer Driver Configuration File dialog opens to the ..\Configuration\Organization\Pltcfg folder.
- Type in a name for the printer driver configuration file and click Save. The Save Printer Driver Configuration File dialog closes.
- From the File menu, select Exit. The Printer Driver Configuration dialog closes.
- From the Print dialog, under Printer and paper Size, select the new display label for the printer driver file.