To Generate a Tag Report Template File
From the Tags toolbox, select Tag Templates.
The Generate Templates dialog opens.
- In the Tag Sets list box, select the set that contains the tags on which you want to report.
- In the Tags list box, select a tag (or graphical element attribute) on which you want to report. (Graphical element attributes and properties are preceded by the "$" character.)
The tag is added to the Report Columns list box.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for each additional tag (or graphical element attribute) on which you want to report.
- (Optional) To specify that elements will be reported regardless of whether they have tags attached, turn on All Elements in the Report On menu.
- In the Report File Name field, key in the name of the report file that will be generated when the template file is used.
From the dialog's File menu, choose Save As.
The Save Template As dialog opens.
- In the Name field, key in the desired filename.
- (Optional) To change the destination directory, use the Directories list box.
Note: The filename specified in step 7 is saved with the tag set in the design file and appears in the Report File Name field when the tag set is selected in the Generate Templates dialog. The template file itself can be used with any design file in which the tag set is defined.