Migrate a V8i Project to CONNECT Edition
Dataset customization done in V8i can be carried over to CONNECT Edition. All DGN files that user created in V8i can be copied over to CONNECT and design can be continued in CONNECT.
Set the ProjectWise Configuration
It is recommended that dataset is first
updated locally then copied to appropriate ProjectWise location.
Next you will create a new BRCM Workset. This can be done using either:
- Open the
PW.cfg file from the following location:
C:\Program Files\Bentley\Bentley Raceway and Cable Management CONNECT Edition\BRCM\config\appl\
- Un-comment the line:
- Save the PW.cfg file.
- Native Platorm Tools
- The Bentley Raceway and Cable Management Project Manager
For this example, Native Power Platform tools will be used.
- Open the PW.cfg file from the following location:
Open BRCM and select the appropriate Workset:
The difference between the two datasets are in the raceway and equipment content and units.
- Select the option to Create a new Workset.
Enter the Project Name and select an appropriate Template. In
this example, we will use the same project name as it was in V8i.
Tip: Project name can be changed, as long as BRCM_DB_ID is kept the same so existing project database can be used.
- Click OK. The New Workset (Bentley_Electrical) is now created.
Next, review the configuration variables and make changes to the
As a result of creating a new Workset, the following
folder and files are created:
In addition, the BRCM.cfg file is created:
- Change the value to match the one defined in the V8i project:
- Locate the location of the V8i dataset using the variables in the BentleyElectrical.pcf file:
- Copy the folders and paste them into the current BRCM Imperial Example dataset overwriting the CONNECT dataset:
- Next copy all of the drawing files from the V8i project:
- Restart Bentley Raceway and Cable Management CONNECT Edition.
- Select the BENTLEY_ELECTRICAL Workset and navigate to DGN folder to open a DGN file. A message will prompt you to update the dataset.
- Click Yes to update.
Optional: A backup can be created before
the files are updated:
Once the dataset is updated, the file is ready to work in.